HBI-120 Handheld X-Ray Imager
Developed by Viken Detection (formerly Heuresis) using backscatter X-ray technology, HBI-120 is a handheld X-ray device weighs no more than 3.7kg and includes a fully integrated touch screen display to view the scanned object in real time.
The device can be operated using either single or double trigger actuation permitting searches in confined areas such as vehicle interiors; and it does not require calibration, to operate as per specification. The device meets ANSI/HPS N43.3 2008 specifications and conforms to ANSI, ICRP, NCRP and Euratom radiation safety standards. This device can scan through different types of materials such as steel, aluminum, wood, rubber, as well as many other materials.
The device has completed extensive field testing and verification in several inspection/security environments within Customs, Military and Law Enforcement organizations in U.S. Immigration customs are one of the highest security facilities of a country, unquestionably will require extensive security controls in place.
Easy To Use
- Dual safety handles to initiate a scan with either hand
- Ergonomic handles for scanning in any orientation
- Transflective, Sunlight readable 720×1280-pixel color touchscreen LCD with Android operating system
Safe to Operate
- Beam-on safety warning lights
- Channel Active cooling for operation in temps up to 60°C
- Dust and splash proof for use in the toughest operating conditions
Build for Speed & Performance
- Optimized optics for fast scans with optimal image quality
- Built-in camera, flashlight, and alignment lasers to show scan areas
Broadwing-LADTM accessory for the HBI120 series is a detachable, light-weight large-area detector that not only enhances vehicle inspection for drug interdiction, but also enables new missions.
Enhanced Drug Interdiction
- Deeper imaging penetration
- Standoff scanning for wider sweeps
- New Mission Applications
Cargo / Trailers / Watercraft
- Building Searches
- Tactical Raids
- Counter Surveillance / Intelligence